1949: Ordnance Survey Map. 6 inches to one mile
Much of the shape of today’s Chiswick was established in a burst of development between the two World Wars. Chiswick House and its grounds remained at the centre of the parish after a campaign to prevent their sale for house-building in the 1930s. Two large schools were built to the south and west of the park – only one remains today.
Acknowledgements: ©Crown Copyright 1949. With thanks to Chiswick Public Library.